Illustrator and designer.
A university student based in Malaysia who loves creating environmental illustrations and character designs focusing on Southeast Asian culture.
|2016||Work featured in Malaysian Invention & Design Society's (MINDS) 2nd Arts and Creativity Exhibition|
|2017||Illustrated promotional artwork for 'FARHA by JZ,' an independent Malaysian fashion brand|
|2019||Illustrated banner design for 'The Invincibles Sweet Sixtee Reunion' organized by Tunku Kurshiah College alumni|
|2020||Work featured in LULU Digital, a Malaysian digital fashion & lifestyle magazine|
20 USD / 80 MYR
30 USD / 125 MYR
50 USD / 205 MYR
+50% of the first character
Flat colour backgrounds are free!
Environments start at 15 USD / 60 MYR
and varies based on the level of detail.
Small items: 1~4 USD / 3~15 MYR
Big items: 5~15 USD / 16~60 MYR
STATUS: Open! (0/5 slots left)
Single: 15 USD / 60 MYR
Pair: 24 USD / 100 MYR
Trio: 30 USD / 125 MYR
STATUS: Open! (1 slot available)
Pay what you want!
The amount paid determines the level of detail, complexity, and number of characters included in the sketch!
Single character sketches
start at a minimum of
5 USD / 20 MYR (1 Ko-fi)
To pay with Ko-fi, donate a min. of 1 Ko-fi and write your sketch request in the message box!
terms of service
(1) Right to refuse any commissions depicting sensitive, explicit, or harmful content. This includes gore, violence, and explicit sexual content. Mild violence, depictions of blood, and mild nudity are fine.
(2) Payments upfront. Any and all work on your commissioned piece will only begin upon completion of payment via Paypal or bank transfer.
(3) International rates are set in USD. Any prices listed in MYR are only available for Malaysian transactions done via bank transfer.
(4) Rates listed for commissions are for personal, non-commercial use only. You may NOT resell or print the illustration for commercial purposes. For business inquiries and commercial illustration work, please contact me.
(5) 2 week window for WIP updates. Expect a sketch of your commissioned piece within at least two (2) weeks after payment is successful. Do not expect an update on your piece the very next day after you place your order. Rushed work means messy work.
(6) Eligibility for a refund depends on my progress. If zero progress is made on your piece for more than two (2) months, you are eligible for a full refund. If I decide for whatever reason that I am unable to finish your piece, you are eligible for a full refund.
(7) You may ask for changes during check-ins. Throughout the process of creating your order, I will check in with you at least twice*. These check-ins are to show you the general sketch, the colours. The purpose of this is to confirm if I may continue in the same direction. If you would like to make any changes or add** anything to the piece, the check-ins are when you can do so. Major changes will not be made once the work is complete. Please be courteous and respectful when requesting changes.
*These check-ins will only be done a minimum of one time for Icons.
**Late additions to a piece may result in additional charges.
(8) Dissatisfaction does not entitle you to a refund. If there is anything regarding your commission that you are unsatisfied with, please address them during check-ins before the piece is completed.
(9) Orders may be fulfilled one at a time. If all slots are full, extra time may be needed to work on your piece. Please be patient! I will do my best to communicate with you should there be a substantial delay (more than 3 months) in fulfilling your order.
(10) You may not use the commissioned artwork for any transactions involving cryptocurrency. You may not mint or resell the commissioned piece as a Non-Fungible Token (NFT).
By commissioning me, you are agreeing to these terms.
terms and conditions
a. The following terms and conditions outline the nature of your engagement with hydrillustraits (“the Illustrator”). By engaging the Illustrator to deliver illustration, graphic design, and/or visual development work (“Artwork**”), you (“the Client”) agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein.
b. Unless otherwise agreed by the Illustrator in writing, these terms and conditions shall take precedence over any other conflicting terms negotiated between the Client and the Illustrator.
**The term “Artwork” used herein may refer to one or more pieces of illustration, graphic design and/or visual work (as the case may be).
Unless otherwise specified by the Illustrator in writing, the Illustrator shall retain ownership over all Artwork (whether complete or otherwise) in accordance with the relevant provisions set out in the Malaysia Copyright Act 1987. Delivery of the Artwork to the Client in consideration of complete payment shall in no way affect the Illustrator’s right to use and/or display the Artwork for personal reasons and/or self promotion (as the case may be). If the Client desires ownership of the Artwork, a further fee shall be negotiated, and the Client shall consequently enter into a supporting agreement with the Illustrator to transfer the Illustrator’s ownership of the Artwork to the Client. For avoidance of doubt, such supporting agreement shall at all times be read together with these terms and conditions.
The Artwork may not be used for any transaction involving cryptocurrency, and may not be minted or sold as a Non-Fungible Token (NFT).
(3) Turnaround Time
The Illustrator will keep to all agreed deadlines to the best of their ability and subject to the Client keeping to their own deadlines. If there are any delays in briefing the work, supplying of reference material, approval of roughs, the Illustrator cannot guarantee keeping to the initial deadline, and will not be held responsible for any losses incurred by missing the deadline.
The Client is entitled to receive a quotation for the Artwork (“Quotation”). However, the fees set out in the Quotation are minimum estimates only and may be subject to change. Hence, the amount of fees actually payable shall only be made known to the Client when the final invoice is rendered.
(5) Reference material
If the Client supplies reference material or images for the Illustrator to use, it is the Client’s responsibility to obtain any copyright or licence that may be needed for such use of such reference material.
(6) Payment and Deposit
The Illustrator shall issue an invoice to the Client following the Client’s confirmation of their order pursuant to an earlier provided Quotation. The Client must thereafter deposit 50% of the amount invoiced before any work, including preliminary sketches, is begun on the Artwork. After approval of the preliminary sketches and concepts, the Client shall have fourteen (14) days from the date of approval of the preliminary sketches/concepts to make payment of the remaining balance of the invoice. A 2% service charge will be billed for late payment.
The Client shall not be entitled to any refund in the event of cancellation of the Artwork.
Alterations to the Artwork shall not be made without consulting the Illustrator. Alterations to the Artwork requested after acceptance of the preliminary sketch may be subject to additional charges. Any alterations made to the Artwork by anyone other than the Illustrator must have the Illustrator's permission in writing.
Any request for additional Artwork shall be subject to additional charges.
(10) Credit Lines
If the Client engages a third party publication to display the Artwork, the Client must ensure that the Illustrator is credited within such publication.
(11) Unauthorised Use
The Client’s use of the Artwork is subject to the Illustrator’s written permission. Where no permission is granted, such use may be deemed as unauthorised, and the Illustrator may claim compensation from the Client if it so chooses. For avoidance of doubt, such claims for compensation shall not affect the Illustrator’s recourse to the relevant laws.
(12) Warranty of Originality
The Illustrator warrants and represents that, to the best of their knowledge, the work assigned hereunder is original and has not been previously published, or that consent to use has been obtained on an unlimited basis; that all work or portions thereof obtained through the undersigned from third parties is original or, if previously published, that consent to use has been obtained on an unlimited basis; that the Illustrator has full authority to make this agreement; and that the work prepared by the Illustrator does not contain any scandalous, libelous, or unlawful matter. This warranty does not extend to any uses that the Client or others may make of the Illustrator’s product that may infringe on the rights of others. The Client expressly agrees that it will hold the Illustrator harmless for all liability caused by the Client's use of the Illustrator's product to the extent such use infringes on the rights of others.
(13) Limitation of Liability
The Client agrees that it shall not hold the Illustrator liable for any incidental or consequential damages that arise from the Illustrator's failure to perform any aspect of the Artwork in a timely manner, regardless of whether such failure was caused by intentional or negligent acts or omissions of the Illustrator or a third party.
all rights reserved © hydrillustraits 2021
Anthology & Zine Work
"The Baling Protests"
Graphics & Layout
For personal commissions, you can find my rates, order forms, and terms of service here.
For commercial work and inquiries, please fill in the contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will gladly get back to you! For freelance work, you can find my terms and conditions here.
I also kindly ask you to note that I'm more likely to reply during my working hours, though I'll still try to get back to you as soon as possible!
Tuesday-Thursday: 9am to 6pm
Friday-Monday: 10am to 10pm
Malaysia, UTC/GMT +8